Baseera is a non-profit organisation dedicated to educating and empowering Muslims with disabilities while ensuring no one is denied the beautiful teachings of Islam.
We are independently funded, and receive no support from the government or any other organisation, and rely solely on the generosity of our donors and the selflessness of our volunteers.
Baseera can only achieve its goals with the assistance of generous donations from members of our community. Without these donations, securing an education for our children would not be possible.
Since our organisation relies on the generosity of individuals like you, we are asking you to consider a donation to our cause. Only with your help can Baseera continue to make a difference to the lives of children. Help us make our vision global.
There are a significant number of Muslims in the UK who are deaf, blind, or classed with having special needs.
Many of these Muslims are deprived of a basic Islamic education.
- Lack of resources
- Lack of awareness
- Social Isolation
Our Muslim brothers and sisters receive little guidance and assistance from the mosques.
Since launching Baseera in 2009, we have:
- Run weekly classes providing children with Islamic education as well as an environment where they can grow and develop.
- Trained teachers from all over the UK.
- Established a national network of specially trained teachers and volunteers.
- Held regular staff training days.
- Supported teachers and students nationally by providing them with assistance and resources.
- Raised awareness
- Assisted in the start up of centres such as our own in other parts of the UK.